Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ask, Seek, Knock

I haven't posted in awhile. It's not because God hasn't been working in my life; He has. It's not because I can't think of anything worth sharing; there is. It's because I've been under attack, and until now, I was letting Satan win.

My time spent alone with the LORD is dwindling. The flame in my soul is threatening to be snuffed out. I'm exhausted, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically. But I've been hiding it, which is foolish. If I hide the fact that I'm struggling, how will my brothers and sisters know I need prayer and encouragement to press on and endure? So now, I'm confessing my battle, getting it all out in the open.

I lack motivation to be in the Word daily. I don't pray like I should. The last time I journaled was about a week ago. Unless I am surrounded by fellow believers, I find it hard to sing and worship. My soul is hungry and thirsty, I want so desperately to receive more of Jesus, more of His presence and Spirit. Yet, here I am. Stagnating. And how I hate it.

The solution: prayer. I must ask for the encouragement and motivation I need. I must seek out truth in His Word. I must knock on the gates of Heaven and ask to be brought back into the presence of God. The Word promises that to those who ask, it will be given; those who seek will find; and to those who knock, the door will be opened. Now, though I don't really feel like asking, seeking, and knocking, I choose to obey those commands. I have full faith that the LORD will deliver me from this wasteland and make something beautiful out of the dust.

"For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith." -1 John 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment